2/27/2008

The Barbershop

Classes are just around the corner. Everybody is organizing the academic year.
But before we start, I wanted to share something with you.
Last year a student suggested that I should see a video called “The Barbershop”. He told me it was best heard with earphones and closed eyes. He was intriguing and I am very curious.
Imagine what I did as soon as I could... Yes, “youtube” and … “the barbershop”!!!

It was really impressive! Amazing! So realistic!
It was like I was in the room with the barber!

Check it out, you'll be amazed!
But please, remember to put you headphones on, turn the volume up, and last but not least, don’t forget to close your eyes!



Extremely life like three dimensional audio recording.

How is it recorded?
Dummy head recording (also known as artificial head or Kunstkopf) is a method used to make binaural recordings, It allows a listener wearing head phones to perceive the directionality and the room acoustics of single or multiple sources.



Do you know any other example of holophonics (3D audio recording) that you would like to share? Leave a comment with your suggestions!

No comments: